i live with the most wonderful family! some of you will know that i’ve lived apart from family for an uber uber long time…on and off since i was in grade 4. the shins have become my family and sarah (aka mama shin) has adopted me as her sister wohoo! i love each personality in this home dearly and to express that i set up a photobooth for them to take photos for the christmas season. It’s great to come home to a full house after a long day. I think i’d go a little crazy if i lived alone cause all i would do is sit in front of my computer and work :P
alrighty! i’m OFF to my LAST wedding of 2010!!!!!!!!! can you believe it?!?! it’s almost december and it’s snowing outside! Maybe because my summer was uber busy the year just FLEW by and i’m AMAZED that it’s the end of 2010 already. I’m using a lot of caps which means I’m crazy amazed!!! Todays wedding will be at the boiler house WOHOO!!!! i love that place. In my interior design days i would look at pictures of this restaurant and be amazed and now i get to shoot there! Did i mention i love my job?
the happy couple…HAHHA this is the first shot of them before i started encouraging them that maybe they should smile a little?
last night i went to my 3rd concert! seeing brooke fraser perform live was awesome and i lost myself in her silky voice. It was totally worth standing for several hours for her. Check out my brooke fraser tshirt isn’t it awesome? i contemplated waiting to get her sign it but was too shy :P
The night actually started off with my best friends bday dinner at Real Jerk for some awesome jamaican food. Her husband came and brought gifts for all the girls because he said that was the best gift he could give sarah *tear* how sweet is that? The men that came to the bday dinner were a little stressed because it’s a little hard to top. I mean who brings gifts for the guests? This is what he brought for us girls.
- assortment of teas
- custom roasted coffee.
- swarovski necklace
i was stunned to receive such lavish gifts when the occasion wasn’t even mine but felt so loved and cherished. *tear* I’m so blessed to have such amazing friends! so much to be thankful for.
at the concert i bumped into a whole bunch of ppl including some of my brides! bumped into wendy and vinci + isaac!!! claud was also there, we went with different groups of people but we were texting the whole time…i know it was as much fun as it sounds. Here’s a tidbit from our txt convo:
G: her voice is like hot chocolate
C: she’s a wicked live performer. i don’t like the audio on her voice though. sounds hollow.. why are the girls screaming when she takes off her jacket lol
G: hahaha i know. I agree. sounds harsh but still awesome
C: why are we txting so much? imagine we were standing next to each other?
G: hahaha omg i love how she wears boys clothes. I want to be her friend
C: hahaha she’s very random when she talks
G: Yea i love it!!
then brooke started singing “sailboats” and introduced it as a song that ppl can get married to…
G: hahha a song for ppl to get married to kekeke *heart*
C: I can’t hear the lyrics!! But it sounds romantic…she sings so in tune!! Frig
G: “my love is the ocean yours is te horizon..bla bla something something we’re sailing”
C: lol good lyrics “bla bla something something”
ok maybe it’s not as fun to read our convo if one was not part of it HAHAHA this has been one of my more random posts and i will stop here. the end.
i thought i’d share a little bit about what i throw into my bag when i head out to a meeting, photoshoot, movie, shopping….basically everywhere cause you just never know. So here goes!
- my ipad: take this baby with me everywhere because it’s my hub. emails, notes, games, books, calendar…everything!
- my raybans: i hate being outside without it because i hate squinting! one of my pet peeves
- my red moleskin: even though my ipad is awesome nothing beats writing on paper. I have about a dozen moleskins each with a different job.
- keys + gerber: you never know what you need to cut or if you need a bottle opener (i love my beer).
- chapstick: with the cold weather comes dry chapped lips yuk!
- Instax by fijifilm: i picked this baby up recently and i love it! I’m so careful about what i shoot because a pack of 10 costs $10. such a different mentality from shooting with my dslr!
- timex wristwatch: it’s retro and it’s badass, i love the simplicity of it and that i don’t care if it gets scratched or banged up and it does everything that a wristwatch should do. i got it for $15
- mini crocodile clip: because i hate having hair in my face, i HATE being out without it especially when i’m eating grrrrr
- my gray scarf. If you know me i you’ll know i wear a lot of black and grey…so i love this grey scarf because it goes with everything. Plus it’s november and it’s cold, keep yourself warm!
- and a $20 bill. never be out without a bit’o cash. Some of my fave places to eat only takes cash so imagine how sad i would be if i didn’t have a handy $20 bill to purchase my california sandwich or bowl or ramen :P yum yum